Thursday, November 17, 2016

Gabriela Mistral

Hi!

Today I will write about the greatest Chilean of all time in my opinion.
I think the greatest Chilean of all time is Gabriela Mistral. She was a poetess and was an important figure in Latin America and she won Nobel Prize.

She did so many things, she wrote a lot of book, for example: “Lecturas para mujeres. Destinadas a la enseñanza del lenguaje”, “Antología” orTernura. Canciones de niños: rondas, canciones de la tierra, estaciones, religiosas, otras canciones de cuna”. (The last book my mom read to me every night before I went to sleep), and she was a diplomatic woman too.

She is important to me because I grew up with her poems and because her history. She was a woman that broke with structures in the way that she could in her period of time. I think she had a hard history, but anyway she made in an important figure.


If I could make a question to her or talk with her, I would like to ask things about feminism and her opinion about this topic, because I think she was revolutionary and I think she had a lot of things to say. I think it’s interesting think how she react in our age about the process that we are living right know, and think about the obstacles that she had to pass for been a woman that she was and today we all remember. 


10 comments:

  1. Nice! I like Gabriela Mistral because she was a great poetess and educator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mistral, for me, is always present. She was the first aproximation that i had with the poetry when I was a Child, and visit his museum and the room dedicated to his figure in the San Francisco Church, here in Santiago, give me a new perspective from she. From the books and her think, until to our money, she is always present.

    ReplyDelete

  3. I love Gabriela Mistral, because her name is gabriela, as my name, jajaja, it's a joke. I also think she is a great poet and teacher..

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont get why people always talk about Neruda as the greatest poem writter and put Gabi in the second or third place, when you read her it's so deep and emotional... and not presuptuos

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems she like person and her work are exceptionally beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. It seems she like person and her work are exceptionally beautiful <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. my favourite quote of her is: humanity is something than we must still humanize

    ReplyDelete
  8. I remember that when I was a child I had to memorized her poem "Piececitos de niño" for the school, since then I knew she was an exceptional woman and poetess, and sometimes she is very unappreciated

    ReplyDelete
  9. I agree with you Gabriela Mistral it's an important woman in our history, specially because she won Nobel Prize and it`s admired in many countries and also because everything that she did was exceptionally!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that is a great poet who fought for his vocation.

    ReplyDelete